Here is a single place to keep track of all issues, no matter how big or small, pertaining to our OTRR Releases. Issues including typos, CDCheck CRC warnings/errors, incorrectly named episodes, incorrect MP3 tags, file/folder name length issues, etc, etc, as well as suggestions for the next release. This information can be used to address these issues in the next release of the series, and to prevent similar types of issues from occurring in other releases.
21st Precinct, Version 1
- Please include a change log file listing the changes since the last OTRR release posted on archive.org. The Jan 2013 version 2 of 21st Precinct only mentions new episodes. I'd like to know the new episodes, episodes with upgraded sound and the ones with mp3 tag updates.
- File named "21precinctInside1..jpg":
- "Your in the Muster Room".... should be "You're in the Muster Room...."
- "Realistic police drama in the Dragnet mould" should use American spelling of "mold" instead of British spelling of "mould".
- "Broadcast from 7-71953 to 7-26-1956" should be "Broadcast from 7-7-1953 to 11-1-1956".
- "Everett Sloane as Capt. Kannelly" should be "Everett Sloane as Capt. Kennelly".
- "Les Deamon as Capt. Keogh" should be "Les Damon as Capt. Keough".
- File named "21st_Precinct_CD_2.jpg":
- "....that were aired...." should be "....that was aired...."
- File named "21st_Precinct_CD_Back.jpg":
- "....that were aired...." should be "....that was aired...."
- In vertical type on left and right sides, "21st Precenct" should be "21st Precinct".
- "....Benevolent Association an organization...." should be "....Benevolent Association, an organization...."
Academy Award Theatre, Version 2
- The Gain (volume) is very inconsistent between episodes, some are very low (e.g. episodes 4,9,16,22,24)
- No CRC file in CD#2 zip file from archive.org
- CRC file for CD#1 is VERY SLOW to check (about 11:00 to check from disk, versus 0:50 for other series of comparable size).
- File is .CRC, but "Format" inside is = MD2. Whereas, for example, The Big Show is .CRC, but "Format" inside = CRC-32 (checks fast)
- Academy Award Theatre:
- Epsisode 12 (Pride of the Marines): has about 2:04 of silence at end (starting ~31:17)
- epsisode 15: has about 1:52 of silence at end (starting ~31:14)
- Warner Brothers Academy Theater 38-04-03: has about 1:42 of silence at end (starting ~29:56)
- Warner Brothers Academy Theater 38-04-24: very loud intro for the Gruen Watch company, very low gain for rest of episode
- Academy Award Shows:
- Academy Awards Ceremony 40-xx-xx 12th Annual (Partial).mp3
- The other Academy Award Ceremony shows are numbered incorrectly (need to increase the "th" by one. e.g. 16th becomes 17th)
- 1943 is "16th annual 1943"
- "16th annual 1944" is "17th annual 1944"
- "17th annual 1945" is "18th annual 1945"
- "18th annual 1946" is "19th annual 1946"
- "20th annual 1948" is "21st annual 1948"
- 22nd is OK
- "27th annual 1955" is "28th annual 1955"
- "28th annual 1956" is "29th annual 1956"
Avengers V. 1
In the series synopsis it says it started December 6, 1951. That should be 1971.
Barrie Craig, Confidential Investigator, Version 1
(See Also Version 3 below)
Barrie Craig, Confidential Investigator, Version 3
(See Also Version 1 above)
- Version 1 episode files have had their MP3 tags corrected back to BCCI data. Files replaced on the http://www.archive.org/details/OTRR_Certified_Barrie_Craig page on 14-Jun-2008.
- Version number also bumped up from 1 to 3, although this is not reflected in the Certification Document.
- Multiple CRC files on each `CD -- but on both disks,CDCheck comes back without warnings or errors for the Ver3 CRC file.
Big Show, The, Version 2
- Track Number, and Genre not set in MP3 ID3 tags.
- The Big Show.doc (Certification Documentation Folder\Episode Description)
- The times listed are not the same as the times shown in Winamp -- are these the air times listed instead of the recorded?
- With Jeff Chandler on The Big Show.doc (Certification Documentation Folder\Series Description)
- The text seems to end abruptly. '...she was named radio's "Woman of the Year" for 1'
- What are the .XPR image files -- specific to a particular piece of software? Shouldn't they be something more generic? Like compressed TIFF? (Certification Documentation Folder\Roger's Labels)
- Audio problems:
- Episode 7 (12/17/50), audio repeats between 58:30 - 59:00 (easily fixable)
- Episode 13 (01/28/51), skip at ~1:11:50 (not fixable?)
- Episode 24 (04/15/51), stops playing at about 63:55! Listed as 89:33 in "The Big Show.doc"
- Episodes 12,18,19,20,23,27 are all Titled as "Fred Allen, Portland Hoffa", and don't match the filenames, though the filenames all match those in Otter (as of Jan 14, 2011). Titles should be:
- 12 = Fred Allen, Eddie Cantor
- 18 = Fred Allen, Clive Brook
- 19 = Bob Burns, Jimmy Durante
- 20 = Fred Allen, Phil Baker
- 23 = Fred Allen, Vivian Blaine
- 27 = Fred Allen, Georgie Jessell
Bing Crosby-Rosemary Clooney Show, Version 1
- CDCheck Warning: CRC file indicates that "\Documents\The Crosby-Clooney Show.doc" on CD #1 should be a file in the release, but this file is missing.
- 60/03/11 10 First Song - It Happened In Montery s/b 60/03/11 10 First Song - It Happened In Monterey
- 61/11/27 455 First Song - I'm Loosing Control s/b 61/11/27 455 First Song - I'm Losing Control
- 60/05/30 66 First Song - When The Red Red Robbin(vlux) s/b 60/05/30 66 First Song - When The Red Red Robin (also no one seems to know what vlux means)
- 61/09/18 405 First Song - When The Red Red Robbin s/b 61/09/18 405 First Song - When The Red Red Robin
- 61/10/16 425 First Song - Keepin Out Of Mischeif s/b 61/10/16 425 First Song - Keepin Out Of Mischief
- 61/10/17 426 First Song - Somethings' Gotta Give s/b 61/10/17 426 First Song - Something's Gotta Give
- Episodes misnumbered:
61/10/30 335 First Song - This Thing Called Love
61/10/31 336 First Song - Anything You Can Do
61/11/01 337 First Song - I Can't Get Started
61/11/02 338 First Song - It's A Most Unusual Day
Misnumbered Episodes Should Be:
61/10/30 435 First Song - This Thing Called Love
61/10/31 436 First Song - Anything You Can Do
61/11/01 437 First Song - I Can't Get Started
61/11/02 438 First Song - It's A Most Unusual Day
- 62/05/01 566 First Song - Mountian Greenery Home s/b 62/05/01 566 First Song - Mountain Greenery Home
- 62/09/12 662 First Song - Inbetween The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea s/b 62/09/12 662 First Song - In Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea
- The song "Swanee" was misspelled a few times
- "You Can Get It If You Try" should be "Nice Work If You Can Get It"
Bold Venture, Version 1
The opening information has an error... It says....
Of the 78 episodes produced, Otter lists 66 that are in circulation today. So sit back, relax, and enjoy some well produced radio from the 50's.
This is incorrect as only 57 episodes have been discovered so far.
Also, in the collection, the Bold Venture Otter Log.txt has a duplicate listing as shown below...
- 5x/xx/xx 38 Slate's Stolen Identity (aka Alice Ramsey Kills Husband; Louis Gaspar Case)
- 5x/xx/xx 69 Slate's Stolen Identity
Boston Blackie, Version 2
- The episode "47-03-04 Larry The Kid vs Savinni" is not the episode on CD 1. It is actually a duplicate of "47-06-04 Eva Cronin is Stalked".
- I have the real "47-03-04 Larry The Kid vs Savinni" and I uploaded it to a megaupload link that I posted in the main yahoo group. You can also download it from my share on the hub. ~ revgen
Box 13, Version 1
http://www.digitaldeliftp.com/DigitalDeliToo/dd2jb-Box-13.html(approve sites) claims that the existing titles for several episodes are wrong and only are there because they have been copied from other sources. --KAA
Bright Star, Version 2
appears to actually be a version of:
Bright Star 53-06-04 (33) George & Chorus Girl.mp3
appears to actually be a version of:
Bright Star 53-06-11 (34) The Society Burglar.mp3
- Although the OTRR log shows "Society Burglar" as episode 8, the episode descriptions included with the distro have episode 8 being about a "True Confessions" lawsuit. I suspect that the episode 8 included with the distro is actually episode 34 and the log should be changed to list episode 8 as something like "True Confessions Lawsuit".
Broadway's My Beat, Version 1
- The collection is missing an available file - 49-03-06 The Andrew Jenkins Case (Golden Gold)
- File and folder names are too long, particularly under the "Logs and Such\Radio Schedules" folder on CD #1. Depending on how you receive the release (archive.org, Hub) or on how someone further up the Distro chain copied the CD/DVD, it's possible that Windows silently truncates long file names. There is a hard limit to the length of a file name in Windows -- this limit is for the full filename -- starting with the "C:\" portion of the name, including all file folder names, all the way down to the individual file. If too long, Windows starts silently truncating the name. This results in CDCheck generating two warnings for every file -- one for "I can't find a file that I expect to find" and one for "I found a file I didn't expect to find".
Broadway's My Beat, Version 2
49-05-22 Julie Dixon case should be titled Ruth Jennings case
50-07-10 Frank Briscoe case. AFRTS version available.
50-07-17 Amelia Ramirez may be Emilio Ramirez
Candy Matson, Version 1
- The dates and episode numbers do not match in Otter.
Cavalcade of America, Version 1
42-04-06 Yellow Jack. The second half of the show consists of a one minute loop repeated
Challenge of the Yukon, Version 1
- CDCheck Warning: CRC file indidates that "\Pictures\Thumbs.db" on CD #1 should be a file in the release, but this file is missing.
NOTE: The "thumbs.db" is a hidden file which Windows automatically generates once you open a picture file in a folder. This file may be included in the Distros sent via US Post Office, but is not included when downloading a series from the OTRR Hub, because by default DC++ software does not share hidden files.
- CDCheck Warnings - CDCheck expected to find these files on CD #7 but did not find them:
COTY 50-03-01 When Thief Catches Thief.mp3
COTY 50-03-03 The Innocent Criminal.mp3
COTY 50-03-06 Wolf Creek.mp3
COTY 50-03-08 Restitution.mp3
COTY 50-03-10 The Lost Lady.mp3
COTY 50-03-13 Hidden Evidence.mp3
COTY 50-03-15 Secret Orders.mp3
COTY 50-03-17 The Man Who Fled.mp3
COTY 50-03-20 The Cascade Case.mp3
COTY 50-03-22 The Fugitive Bride.mp3
COTY 50-03-24 The Wolf Cub.mp3
COTY 50-03-27 Canyon Cache.mp3
COTY 50-03-29 Mystery of the Ridge.mp3
COTY 50-03-31 Twenty Little Indians.mp3
COTY 50-04-03 Unfinished Note.mp3
COTY 50-04-05 The Two Bullets.mp3
COTY 50-05-26 Wand Diamond.mp3
COTY 50-05-29 Notorious Chet Craig.mp3
COTY 50-05-31 The Dead Man's Trail.mp3
COTY 50-06-02 The Angel of Death.mp3
COTY 50-06-05 Six Gun Clue.mp3
COTY 50-06-07 Jose's Return.mp3
COTY 50-06-09 Revenge from Beyond.mp3
COTY 50-06-28 The Bag of Gold.mp3
COTY 50-07-07 Race of the River Boats.mp3
COTY 50-07-10 The Diamond Solitaire.mp3
COTY 50-07-19 Stolen Gold.mp3
COTY 50-07-26 The Spread Eagle Raid.mp3
COTY 50-08-02 The Beaverton Legacy.mp3
COTY 50-08-09 A Change of Mind.mp3
COTY 50-08-16 Ten Thousand Counterfeit.mp3
COTY 50-08-23 The Branded Pelts.mp3
COTY 50-08-30 Logan's Luck.mp3
COTY 50-09-06 Cal Dorset's Hair.mp3
COTY 50-09-11 The Gold Behind the Waterfall.mp3
COTY 50-09-13 The Polar Quest.mp3
COTY 50-09-15 Left to Die.mp3
COTY 50-09-18 The Sack of Sand.mp3
COTY 50-09-20 The Malemute Express.mp3
COTY 50-09-22 The Torn Map.mp3
COTY 50-09-25 Diagram of Danger.mp3
COTY 50-09-27 The Red Raiders.mp3
COTY 50-09-29 Dog Crazy.mp3
COTY 50-10-02 The Malacca Cane.mp3
COTY 50-10-04 The Vagabond.mp3
COTY 50-10-06 The Criminal Collie.mp3
COTY 50-10-09 The Blue Paper.mp3
COTY 50-10-11 Harper's Castle.mp3
COTY 50-10-13 A Dog Called Sparky.mp3
COTY 50-10-16 Fugitive from Bald Rock.mp3
COTY 50-10-18 The Masked Gunman.mp3
CDCheck Warnings - CDCheck found these files on CD #7 but did not expect them:
COTY 50-03-01 (0750) When Thief Catches Thief.mp3
COTY 50-03-03 (0751) The Innocent Criminal.mp3
COTY 50-03-06 (0752) Wolf Creek.mp3
COTY 50-03-08 (0753) Restitution.mp3
COTY 50-03-10 (0754) The Lost Lady.mp3
COTY 50-03-13 (0755) Hidden Evidence.mp3
COTY 50-03-15 (0756) Secret Orders.mp3
COTY 50-03-17 (0757) The Man Who Fled.mp3
COTY 50-03-20 (0758) The Cascade Case.mp3
COTY 50-03-22 (0759) The Fugitive Bride.mp3
COTY 50-03-24 (0760) The Wolf Cub.mp3
COTY 50-03-27 (0761) Canyon Cache.mp3
COTY 50-03-29 (0762) Mystery of the Ridge.mp3
COTY 50-03-31 (0763) Twenty Little Indians.mp3
COTY 50-04-03 (0764) Unfinished Note.mp3
COTY 50-04-05 (0765) The Two Bullets.mp3
COTY 50-05-26 (0787) Wand Diamond.mp3
COTY 50-05-29 (0788) Notorious Chet Craig.mp3
COTY 50-05-31 (0789) The Dead Man's Trail.mp3
COTY 50-06-02 (0790) The Angel of Death.mp3
COTY 50-06-05 (0791) Six Gun Clue.mp3
COTY 50-06-07 (0792) Jose's Return.mp3
COTY 50-06-09 (0793) Revenge from Beyond.mp3
COTY 50-06-28 (0794) The Bag of Gold.mp3
COTY 50-07-07 (0795) Race of the River Boats.mp3
COTY 50-07-10 (0796) The Diamond Solitaire.mp3
COTY 50-07-19 (0797) Stolen Gold.mp3
COTY 50-07-26 (0798) The Spread Eagle Raid.mp3
COTY 50-08-02 (0799) The Beaverton Legacy.mp3
COTY 50-08-09 (0800) A Change of Mind.mp3
COTY 50-08-16 (0801) Ten Thousand Counterfeit.mp3
COTY 50-08-23 (0802) The Branded Pelts.mp3
COTY 50-08-30 (0803) Logan's Luck.mp3
COTY 50-09-06 (0804) Cal Dorset's Hair.mp3
COTY 50-09-11 (0805) The Gold Behind the Waterfall.mp3
COTY 50-09-13 (0806) The Polar Quest.mp3
COTY 50-09-15 (0807) Left to Die.mp3
COTY 50-09-18 (0808) The Sack of Sand.mp3
COTY 50-09-20 (0809) The Malemute Express.mp3
COTY 50-09-22 (0810) The Torn Map.mp3
COTY 50-09-25 (0811) Diagram of Danger.mp3
COTY 50-09-27 (0812) The Red Raiders.mp3
COTY 50-09-29 (0813) Dog Crazy.mp3
COTY 50-10-02 (0814) The Malacca Cane.mp3
COTY 50-10-04 (0815) The Vagabond.mp3
COTY 50-10-06 (0816) The Criminal Collie.mp3
COTY 50-10-09 (0817) The Blue Paper.mp3
COTY 50-10-11 (0818) Harper's Castle.mp3
COTY 50-10-13 (0819) A Dog Called Sparky.mp3
COTY 50-10-16 (0820) Fugitive from Bald Rock.mp3
COTY 50-10-18 (0821) The Masked Gunman.mp3
- CDCheck Warnings: All 51 of the MP3 files on CD #7 generate two warnings each -- it appears the MP3 files were all renamed to add the episode number to the file name after the CDCheck CRC file was generated. A total of 102 warnings for CD #7 are generated.
- Multiple Version 1 Alert: It appears that CD#7 has been modified since this series was released. The original CRC file for CD #7 (generated 25-Apr-2008) was regenerated (on 28-May-2008) to correct these issues. CDCheck now returns without errors or warnings for CD#7 using this new CRC file.
- On CD1, under Text Files, there is a file missing a close parentheses. It is called COTY 48-06-26 (535) Break-Up(Script.pdf
- On CD1, the word Introduction is misspelled in the file called 00 Intoduction to the OTRR
- On CD1, COTY 45-05-01 (0378) Spawn of the North.mp3 will not play in Windows Media Player
- On CD1, COTY 45-06-19 (0385) Thunder.mp3 will not play in Windows Media Player
- On CD1, COTY 45-09-11 (0397) Alibi.mp3 will not play in Windows Media Player
- On CD1, COTY 45-10-02 (0400) Chechako.mp3 will not play in Windows Media Player
- COTY 41-05-14 (0172) The Doctor Takes A Case.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 44-01-06 (0310) Revenge in the Yukon.mp3
- COTY 41-11-12 (0198) The Wolf Pack.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 44-01-27 (0313) Wolf Pack.mp3
- COTY 42-04-24 (0221) The Will.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 43-12-25 (0308) Murder in ABC's.mp3
- COTY 42-07-24 (0234) Soapy Jones.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 44-03-23 (0321) King Meets Soapy Smith.mp3
- COTY 43-05-29 (0278) Ace of Spades.mp3 is also a mislabeled copy of COTY 43-12-25 (0308) Murder in ABC's.mp3
- COTY 43-07-03 (0283) A Brother's Treachery.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 43-08-21 (0290) Caught by a Button.mp3
- COTY 43-07-10 (0284) Assayed for Death.mp3 is also a mislabeled copy of COTY 43-08-21 (0290) Caught by a Button.mp3
- COTY 43-08-07 (0288) Dealing in Death.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 43-08-14 (0289) A Footprint in Leather.mp3
- COTY 44-07-06 (0336) Unscheduled Escape.mp3 is a mislabeled copy of COTY 44-06-29 (0335) The Duke Bows to a King.mp3
- On CD2, the following episodes will not play in Media Player: 415, 419, 433, 436, 445, 456, 459, 466, 471, 478, 501
On Disc 4,
- 49-01-05 Episode 596 Bonanza 47 seems to be the first 15 minutes of the next episode 49-01-07 Jim Beldens Secret
- 49-03-16 (626) The Kondike Queen s/b spelled The Klondike Queen. I know the "official" log lists it as Kondike, but it is obviously a typo as the word is Klondike and it is pronounced Klondike throughout the show.
- 49-03-28 (631) Conover's Crime is missing the last 8 minutes of the show. If the complete show is not available it would be helpful to add (incomplete) to the title to alert people who might have a complete version
- Episode 49-03-21 (628) The Black and White Pup and (630) Letters to a Killer do not play in Media Player
- 49-05-27 (657) The Skull in the Stone is missing the last 15 minutes of the show. If the complete show is not available it would be helpful to add (incomplete) to the title to alert people who might have a complete version
On Disc 6,
- 49-11-07 (701) Trapped is a misdated 43-12-16 Eleventh Hour. Note that the episode is 15 minutes long, and the show was 30 minutes long in 1949.
On Disc 8,
- 510506 (874)Fur Thieves was 471122 King Gets His Man
Challenge of the Yukon, Version 2
- 48 seconds of 46-02-21 Mabel appear as a separate file on Disk 1
- 52 seconds of 49-03-21 The Black and White Pup appear as a separate file on Disk 2.
- The zip file of Disk 1, found on archive.org, is missing the following subdirectories (which aren't found on any other disk, either), according to the CRC file:
- Certification Documents
- Fan Fiction
- Logs and Such
- Text Files
Challenge of the Yukon, Version 3
8-09-13, is a Christmas show; it is not "The Fraud" as stated. It is actually #591, "The Man With The Red Coat." (12-22-48)Will be deleted in V.4
49-1-7, "Jim Belden's Secret" is not right. The episode changes midway through, and the first half is "Bonanza 47" (49-1-5). The end of "Bonanza 47" is missing; the beginning of "Jim Belden's Secret" is missing.Can not locate a correct copy
49-3-7, "Trail Mates" is not complete. The end is missing.Will be fixed in V.4
49-3-11, should be "The Meal That Convicted." Will be fixed in V.4
49-3-25, "Letters to a Killer" is incomplete. Ending is missing. (Only 24:44)Have not located correct copy
49-3-28, "Conover's Crime" is incomplete. End is missing. (Only 21:28)Have not located correct copy
49-4-6, should be "Dead Man's Map."Will be fixed in V.4
49-5-18, "The Bad Penny" is defective between 5 and 7 minutes.Have not located correct copy
49-5-27, "The Skull in the Stone" is incomplete. (only 11:25)Have not located correct copy
49-6-8, "The Case of the Yellow Ribbon" has no yellow ribbon in it. It is about a logging contract.This may just be how it was broadcast
50-2-6, "Jailbreak" is incomplete. Ending is missing.Will be fixed in V.4
50-2-17, "Alias Al Gibson" is wrong -- it is not the show named. It is actually a repeat of an earlier show. This episode also breaks the continuing story of Bat Nelson. This show is mislabeled. There is no mention of Al Gibson. The commercials are also from an earlier period -- they are for the cut-out models for the "Yukon Trail."Will be deleted in V.4
50-9-6, "Cal Dorset's Hair" is mistitled, it should be Heir. At about 15:30, there is a drop in volume for about :30.Issue 1 Spelling Will be fixed in V.4 Issue 2 Have not located a better version
51-2-10, "The King of Keena Creek" is mistitled. It should be Keeno. Will be fixed in V.4
51-8-30, "The Red Coated Crook" is mistitled. The episode has nothing about a red coat in it.Not clear whether this the correct show and title
Crime Classics, Version 3
Dark Fantasy, Version 1
42-01-30 In the title, Deity is misspelled
42-06-19 Seance is a mislabeled fragment from 42-02-20 (14) A Delicate Case of Murder
Democracy in America, Version 1
- CDCheck Warnings: CRC file indicats that the following two files should be in the release, but these files are missing:
- Interesting Files\AlbumArtSmall.jpg
- Interesting Files\Folder.jpg
Diamond Dramas, Version 1
- Show first aired in 1934, but various files have 1945 dates
- Missing episode from set - The Sancy Diamond
Down Our Way, Version 1
- ID tag for episode 5 gives title as "Ben's Talking Pidegon". This misspelled title displays when playing the file.
Dragnet, Version 1
- 51-03-22 The Big Trunk was 54-09-07
- Dragnet 51-03-29 (094) The Big Lover was 53-03-08 The Big Laugh
- Cast List Issue: Martin Milner did not appear in "Big Safe". It was explained at the beginning of the episode that "Bill Lockwood" was home with a badly sprained ankle and couldn't make it to work.
- Dragnet 55-05-24 (301) The Big Siege.mp3 plays at double speed.
- The episode #382 is an AFRS broadcast and shouldn't be presented as #382. The orig. broadcast (#240) was sponsored.
- Episode (333) is really Episode (185). The end of show promo for the Barrie Craig show is the clue.
- 56-10-09 The Big Cab was 50-10-05 The Big 38
- From 55-09-27 to 57-02-26, the show was sustained and in reruns, yet many shows with those dates are sponsored by Chesterfield, leading to the conclusion they are misdated.
Escape, Version 1
Episode 010 seems to have missing material at about 13 minutes 14 seconds, since a sentence ends in the middle and the snake's existence is suddenly known. Furthermore, the episode is only 24:30, as opposed to the length of nearby episodes which is 29:30, also suggesting missing material. --Ken Arromdee
- note* Every circulating copy of episode 10 Shipment of Mute Fate 47-10-15 has the same issue. This is not a problem specific to the OTRR collection
Frontier Gentleman, Version 2
- The following files will not play in Windows Media Player:
- Frontier Gentleman 58-04-13 (11) The Trial.mp3
- Frontier Gentleman 58-04-27 (13) Random Notes.mp3
- Frontier Gentleman 58-05-04 (14) Daddy Buckbucks.mp3
- Frontier Gentleman 58-05-11 (15) The Cannibal.mp3
- Frontier Gentleman 58-09-21 (33) Indian Lover.mp3
- Frontier Gentleman 58-10-19 (37) The Preacher.mp3
Gunsmoke, Version 4
- "Gunsmoke 57-12-28 (298) Twelfth Night (December 22 broadcast pre-empted) (Virginia Gregg)(reused script).mp3" has too long of a file name to write on some computer systems.
- Episode 2, 52-05-03 Ben Thompson is not in the collection, but Act 1 of the episode is now available. This is the correctly labeled show, not a misdated show.
- Gunsmoke 57-12-29 Where'd They Go.mp3 is missing the program #, 299 in the name of the mp3 file.
The Hillbilly Boys, Version 1
- On CD #1, the letter i should not not be capitalized in the word Little for the file "The Hillbilly Boys 39-xx-xx (03) First Song - LIttle Mother Of The Hill.mp3"
- On CD #2, under Interesting Files, a file titled ".mp3" turned out to be Yiddish Melodies in Swing
- "Border Radio xx-xx-xx Lyndon Johnson wants goat glands ad.mp3" was not an ad, but is part of a recorded telephone conservation with Lyndon Johnson and Sargent Shriver
- "Carson Robinson 3x-xx-xx First Song - Blue Skys.mp3": Skies is misspelled
- Electronic Campfire aired 07-09-23 on KUT-FM according to http://www.prx.org/pieces/8786/stationinfo
- "On The Media 07-11-0 Border Blasters.mp3": The title of the episode according to the show's website was "The X Factor" and it was broadcast on 07-11-16
- "Dr John Brinkley (XERA) Exerpts from 1939-41 Broadcasts.mp3": Excerpt is misspelled
- "KET Special Report 06-03-12 Border Blasters & Outlaw Broadcasters". mp3: should be "KUT Special Report 06-03-12 Border Blasters & Outlaw Broadcasters.mp3" -- (KUT being the station ID)
- The Big Jukebox in the Sky was a live show originally performed (though not necessarily broadcast) on 05-09-17.
- On CD #3, Light Crust Doughboys is spelled 3 ways:
- LightCrust Doughboys
- Lightcrust Doughboys
- Light Crust Doughboys
- "Light Crust Doughboys 36-05-01 (xxxx) First Song - Paris Top Cornpipe.mp3": The title of the song is Parasot Hornpipe.
- "Light Crust Doughboys 48-xx-xx (1218) First Song - Barrell Polka.mp3": Barrel is misspelled
- Andrew Steinberg has a Light Crust Doughboys show not in the collection: "Lightcrust Doughboys 1302 First Song - Dixie One Step.mp3"
Inner Sanctum, Version 1
- The Australian episodes have the word misspelled in the file name as "Austrailian". --KAA 1/9/2012
- 45-04-17 The Judas Clock. There are two episodes one sponsored and one AFRS. However, they are different productions with different actors. It seems the episode was redone at some point.
Is Really 52-08-24 No Rest for the Dead AFRS
Is Really 48-03-29 Lady Killer [Homicidal Maniac] AFRS
Luke Slaughter, Version 2
lsot 58-05-28 (13) Outlaw Kid s/b dated 58-05-25.
Melody Ranch, version 1
Official releases of Gene Autry movie DVDs contain Melody Ranch episodes as extras. These episodes have dates that don't match any of the known dates and generally seem to be episodes that are not listed here. --KAA 1/9/2012
Moon Over Africa, Version 1
- CDCheck Warning: CRC file indicates that "OTRR Group Certification Document\OTRRCertified.rtf" on CD #1 should be a file in the release, but this file is missing.
Mr Keen, Tracer of Lost Persons, Version 3
- 52-02-22 Murder and the Revengeful Ghost should correctly be dated 55-02-22 The Case of Murder and the Revengeful Ghost
Philo Vance, Version 1
- Mike Harron comment, added 6/26/08
recently downloaded the Philo Vance certified series. The first two episodes are listed as 43-04-29 The Case of the Cellini Cat and 43-05-06 The Mystery of the Singing Cat. The 43-05-06 episode is merely a place note to state the episode exists but a copy has not yet been found. However the first episode is an mp3. It starts out with an announcement of the title, followed by an introduction of the star, John Emery, star of the broadway hit Angel Street.
John Dunning makes no mention of Mr. Emery in his summary of Philo Vance, and states that the show started on NBC on July 5, 1945. This is confirmed in the NY Times radio listing for that day, courtesy of jj. I searched the newspaper listing for earlier dates for Philo but to no avail.
I read somewhere that John Emery starred in a version released on the west coast during the summer of 1946 or 7, but I haven't been able to confirm that. The IMDB listing for Mr Emery shows him appearing in Angel Street on Broadway in Dec 1940. Can anyone shed any light on the 1943 dates?
- Andrew Steinberg comment, added 6/27/08
According to the ibdb.com (a better source for Broadway play information than imdb.com, John Emery performed in Angel Street from December 1942 to May 1943.
Ports of Call, Version 1
- Episodes missing from the collection that are now circulating include: New Zealand, Persia, and Peru
Rogue's Gallery, Version 2
missing Little Old Lady 45-11-29
The Sealed Book, Version 1
- "The Ghost Maker" should be "The Ghost Makers" in the episode title and ID3 tag. Both title announcements (at 1:34 and 2:30) refer to it as such.
Singles and Doubles Collection, Version 2
- Most of the folder names and MP3 file names in this non-certified release are tremendously long -- Windows silently truncates full file names which are too long (over 240 characters, including all folder names). This can be a serious issue for files retrieved from the hub, especially depending on the length of the folder names on your local hard drive where you store your downloaded or shared files.
- Because each file begins with the text "Singles and Doubles Collection (xxxx)" many of the file names were cut off.
- 41-12- 08_xxx_Adventure _Story.mp3 was Let's Sing and Swing from 12-12-08 (broadcast on NBC Red at 1330 with news of the declaration of war)
- 41-12- 08_xxxx_Adventure_Story.mp3 is apparently the second half of Let's Sing and Swing)
- theo points out that 48-12-28 xxx American Forum Economic Forecast for_1949 turns out to be a kids show called Happy the Humbug 481228, with the open cut.
- Best Sellers 45-09-20 was John B. Kennedy
- Bob Smith Show should be dated 47-08-25
- 47-04-26xxxBreakfastwithDorothyandD ick.mp3 s/b dated 47-05-09
- Broadway Matinee 44-06-07 was Morning in Manhattan (same date)
- By The People (12) The Burning of Washington.mp3 is mislabeled. It was By The People (47) Forest Fire.mp3
- Career of Alice Blair 47-xx-xx007 and Career Of Alice Blair2.mp3 47-xx-xx008 - At least 3 exist in mp3
- 49-11-29xxxClub930. mp3 There at least 3 episodes of Club 930 available. This file is also misdated and should be dated 49-11-24. Note the reference to it being Thanksgiving.
- xx-xx-xx136ColgateCavalcade1_ 64kb.mp3 was mislabeled. (This is the second file labeled Colgate Cavalcade). It was a closed circuit broadcast that I have seen labeled as Closed Circuit 52-11-26.mp3
- 49-09-21xxxTremaynesThe.mp3 was The Croupier (same date)
- 49-11-10xxxNBCLittleTheater.mp3 was Comedy Playhouse - School for Scandal (same date)
- 47-08-xx (001) David Street Show - Guest - George Jessel.mp3 s/b 47-08-08
- 45-04-22 (xxx) Drew Pearson Show.mp3 and 45-05-06 (xxx) Drew Pearson Show.mp3 There are at least 3 available in mp3
- 42-12-16 xxx Escape To Death.mp3 was a program called Black Castle. The program was not on in 1942. Radiogold gives a date of 43-12-16, but that is a Thursday and the show was on Tuesdays at 8 pm. So, let's call it 43-12-14 for lack of a better date.
- 52-12-28 (xxx) Forty Million - Friend Of The Bride.mp3 There are at least 3 available in mp3
- From The Bookshelf Of The World - Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde - There are 7 episodes available in mp3
- General Electric Program - Guest - Judy Garland 521030 There are at least 7 episodes available in mp3. This is the official name of the Bing Crosby Show from 1952 to 1954.
- Gracie Fields Show - Guest - Jack Carson There are at least 5 episodes available in mp3
- Gus Arnhein - First Song - It's Love + Gus Arnhein - First Song - You Really Started Something There are at least 16 shows of Gus Arnheim available in mp3. razzilla points out that Gus Arnheim is not a single or double
- Hawaiian Adventures - The Island of Hawaii - There are 4 available
- 47-06-18 xxx Hollywood Trends.mp3 was Ford Showroom (same date).
- 47-06-18 xxxx Hollywood Trends.mp3 was Melody Souvenirs - WPQN Possum Song (same date).
- razzilla points out that Jane Endicott, Reporter (the longer file) sounds like a preview of the Joe Lewis/Buddy Baer fight
- 40-04-21 xxx John Kirby Orchestra.mp3 s/b Flow Gently Sweet Rhythm
- 38-02-21 (xxxx) Melody Puzzlers.mp3 s/b Melody Puzzles
- 38-12-xx (xxxx) Melody Puzzles (38-02-21).mp3 was a poorer sounding copy of the above show
- 46-07-11 (xxxx) The Minstral Train - Auditiion.mp3 Minstrel and audition are misspelled
- 46-11-07 (xxxx) Minstrel Train, The.mp3 was Hail, the Champ (same date)
- 48-xx-xx (xxxx) Manhattan Playhouse - The Perfect Secretary.mp3 s/b 49-01-08
- 49-06-20 (xxxx) Mystery Award Theater - Pieces Of Eight.mp3 s/b Mystery Award Theater - Pieces Of Silver
- 49-11-02 (xxxx) Molly And The Captian - First Episode.mp3 - Captain is misspelled
- 38-xx-xx (0741) Monticello Party Line.mp3 and 38-xx-xx (0742) Monticello Party Line (2).mp3 are not doubles. There are at least 10 of these available in mp3.
- 49-01-23 (xxxx) Mr Feathers - Do Unto Others.mp3 s/b dated 49-11-23
- 11-23 (0003) Mr Feathers - The Woman in the Case.mp3 s/b dated 50-01-07
- 28-05-15 ep xxxx NBC Eveready Hour was 491006 Pillsbury House Party
- 41-07-12 (xxxx) Nichols Family Of Five, The.mp3 was Miss Pinkerton, Inc. (same date)
- 42-01-07 (xxxx) Jane Endicott, Reporter - Girl Bites Dog.mp3 was Navy Relief 42-01-07 Promotion for Navy Relief Society.mp3
- 46-03-15 (xxxx) Navy Colt - Audition.mp3 was Johnny Fletcher Mystery - The Navy Colt 46-03-25
- 46-06-09 (xxxx) Hour Of Mystery - Journey Into Fear.mp3 was Nate Gross Show - Guest Jack Benny (same date)
- 47-08-23 (xxxx) Fantasy (Audition).mp3 was NBC Story Shop - Donald Duck's Vacation (same date)
- 47-10-15 (xxxx) New York Tonight.mp3 was Allen Prescott (same date)
- 49-11-10 (xxxx) N B C Little Theater.mp3 was Comedy Playhouse (same date)
- 51-06-05 (xxxx) New Theater - After Many A Summer Dies The Swan.mp3 s/b dated 51-08-05
- xx-xx-xx (xxxx) NBC Twenty-fifth Anniversary Broadcast.mp3 s/b 51-xx-xx
- Under O's, 41-12-07 (xxxx) Captain Flagg And Sergeant Quirt.mp3 was Over Our Coffee Cups (same date)
- 45-01-28 Open House - Nylon Stockings.mp3 s/b dated 46-01-28. This is based on news items mentioned in the show and confirmed through newspaper articles in the NYT.
- 47-02-28 (xxxx) Date Night.mp3 was Out of This World (same date)
- 39-09-21 (xxxx) Americans At Work.mp3 was The Parker Family (same date)
- 42-01-07 (xxxx) Jane Endicott, Reporter - Girl Bites Dog.mp3 was Navy Relief 42-01-07 Promotion for Navy Relief Society.mp3
- 46-12-25 (xxxx) Purple Heart Album - First Song - Santa Claus Is Com.mp3 was Christmas in America (same date) (date may be from 1947)
- 48-12-29 (xxxx) Mr Chameleon - The Perfect Maid Murder Case.mp3 was Poole's Parlor (same date)
- 47-01-14 (xxxx) Virginia Marvin (Audition).mp3 was P.A.L. Show (47-01-04)
- xx-xx-xx (xxxx) Pet Milk Cookbook.mp3 was Mary L. Taylor 39-09-21
- 44-07-10 (xxxx) Paul Winchell And Jerry Mahone.mp3 Mahone s/b Mahoney
- 46-04-27 (xxxx) Shriner Special.mp3 was Phone Again, Finnegan (same date)
- 38-05-31 (xxxx) Say It With Words - In Your Hat.mp3 was Recital in Swingtime (same date)
- 38-11-20 (xxxx) Song Search.mp3 was Ray Kinney and his Native Hawaiians 38-11-20 Live from the Hawaiian Room (same date)
- 40-09-29 (xxxx) Emergency Funds Appeal .mp3 was Columbia Square Presentation - Presentation of Bronze Tablet (same date)
- 45-11-22 (xxxx) Americans at Thanksgiving.mp3 was Raising a Husband (same date)
- 46-06-26 (xxxx) Fourth Estate - The Tip-Off.mp3 was Rosemary (same date)
- 46-07-14 (xxxx) Harvest Of Stars - Moby Dick.mp3 was Ronny Mansfield - What Are You Doing The Rest of Your Life 45-07-14 (announces Saturday)
- 46-07-18 (xxxx) Ronnie Mansfield - My Pet Brunette (ending clipped).mp3 was Ronny Mansfield 45-07-18 (announces Wednesday) (spelling used in LA Times radio listings)
- 46-12-30 (xxxx) Bob Gadbury and The News.mp3 was Reveille Roundup - The Rain in Rio (same date)
- 47-06-17 (xxxx) Special Investigator - The Fake Diploma Mill.mp3 was Raymond Paige Show - No Respect For a Lady (48-09-10) (date from NYT radio listing)
- 48-03-15 (xxxx) Henry J Taylor - Rattlesnake.mp3 was Renfrew of the Mounted (date uncertain)
- 48-04-27 (xxxx) Joseph Enos.mp3 was Roger Kilgore, Public Defender - George Brown (same date)
- xx-xx-xx (0128) Roger Gale.mp3 s/b called In The Air with Roger Gale
- xx-xx-xx (0129) Roger Gale (2).mp3 s/b called In The Air with Roger Gale
- 42-07-05 (xxxx) Star Spangled Vaudeville.mp3 was Homage to George Gershwin 42-07-04
- 42-10-09 (xxxx) Stump The Experts.mp3 was Information Please (same date) with Gregory Ratoff (over 100 available)
- 44-01-18 (xxxx) Star For A Night.mp3 s/b dated 44-01-19
- 44-11-26 (xxxx) Stop or Go (1).mp3 was Music in the Foster Fashion (same date)
- 45-04-15 (xxxx) Sunday Serenade.mp3 at least 10 available in mp3
- 45-09-16 (xxxx) Smoke Dreams.mp3 was Musical Autographs (same date)
- 46-04-27 (xxxx) Shriner Special.mp3 was Three Hundred Party (same date)
- 46-09-24 (xxxx) Stories Of The Bible.mp3 s/b Story of the Bible
- 47-06-27 (xxxx) Story for Tonight - Miracle Man (1).mp3 was San Francisco Unlimited (same date)
- 47-xx-xx (xxxx) Special Investigator - The Fake Diplomia Mill.mp3 - Diploma is misspelled
- 49-10-26 (xxxx) Steve Allen Show - Guest - Al Jolson.mp3 s/b 49-10-19 Date confirmed via article in L.A. Times re Al Jolson's movie premiere
- 50-02-18 (xxxx) Saturday at the Shamrock - Guests - Chico, Harpo Mar.mp3 - at least 6 available in mp3
- 51-08-21 (xxxx) Strike It Rich.mp3 - at least 3 available in mp3
- 54-07-26 (0058) Don Gray, Marine Investigator #1.mp3 was San Francisco Final
- 55-xx-xx (0042) Strange - Phantom Wagoneer.mp3 - at least 8 available in mp3
- xx-xx-xx (0002) Schooner Conquest - Island Emeralds (2).mp3 was a duplicate of Singles & Doubles Collection xx-xx-xx (0001) Schooner Conquest - Island Emeralds (2).mp3
- xx-xx-xx (0052) Stars And Stripes Forever - The Spirt of Saint Louis.mp3 - Spirit is misspelled
- xx-xx-xx (xxxx) Silver Eagle, The - Decoy for Death.mp3 is a duplicate of Singles & Doubles Collection 54-07-20 (xxxx) Silver Eagle - Decoy For Death (2).mp3
- xx-xx-xx (xxxx) Star Spangled Theater - The Gypsy's Hand (2).mp3 - at least 3 available in mp3. Should be dated 41-08-03.
- Sports Answer Man - at least 3 available
- xx-xx-xx (xxxx) Stars On Parade - It pays to Adventise.mp3 - Advertise is misspelled. s/b dated 51-08-17
- 4x-xx-xx (xxxx) Take It Or Leave It.mp3 at least 5 episodes of this show are available in mp3, so it should be deleted. This one is from 42-11-08 with guest Jack Benny.
- 45-09-14 (xxxx) Ted Malone.Mp3 s/b labeled Between the Bookends and is already in the collection under that name
- 49-06-25 (xxxx) This Is Paris - Guest - Eddie Cantor.mp3 -- at least 13 episodes of this show are available in mp3
- xx-xx-xx epxxxx Todays Children.mp3 s/b dated 49-05-09. 4 available in mp3
- 50-03-10 (xxxx) Up For Parole - Case Of John Newton.mp3 is not a single or double. There are about 10 available on this website.
- 47-11-13 (xxxx) Virginia Greg - Audition.mp3 could be Virginia Gregg (note two g's), but the woman calls herself Virginia Marvin.
- 47-05-18 (xxxx) Voice Of Freedom.mp3 was Just a Dream (same date)
- Wanted - Cop Killer Of The West - at least 6 available in mp3. This one is dated 50-08-18
- 46-09-04 (xxxx) Western Trails.mp3 was Western Stars (same date)
- 50-01-20 (xxxx) Wizard Of Odds, The.mp3 was Leave It To Joan (same date)
- 47-01-20 (xxxx) Your Land And Mine (1).mp3 was a copy of the Kenny Baker Show from the same date.
- Adventures of Zorro - at least 5 available in mp3 at http://www.archive.org/details/AdventuresOfZorro
- There is an episode, just one, that is in this Otter log and is labelled "Adam an Eve". The woman's name is "Evie". The name should be "Adam and Evie". (Thomas Mandeville, 04-Jul-2008)
- There are two files floating around out there that are labelled "Action 80". One is Project Sailfish and the other is First Atomic Sub. These two shows are presently listed in the Singles and Doubles Collection. I just listened to both of them and determined that they are the same show. Project Sailfish has a date but the other does not, according to Otter. I suggest that the undated "First Atomic Sub" be deleted from the Otter log. (Thomas Mandeville, 04-Jul-2008)
Six Shooter, Version 1
The entire Six Shooter OTRR set at archive.org set is in a sorry state. The ID3 tags show as Version 1.0, the encoder as "Unknown," and some mp3 players don't read the tags at all. The Comments tags for many episodes contain "The Toasters Tale" for some reason. The episode "Apron Faced Sorrel" and several others have an Artist tag which reads "SS540207." The episode "Revenge at Harness Creek" suddenly ends with five minutes still remaining.
Six Shooter, Version 5
The mp3 tags do not always match the titles
54-04-22 Ep30 Johnny Springer should be 54-04-22 Ep30 Johnny Stringer
Soldiers of the Press, Version 1
- There is a "Cronkike" misspelling of Walter Cronkite's name in the notes and the filename, and one of the Leo Disher episode filenames calls him "Durer" instead. ("Leo Durer - A Letter To Mrs Marshall" is a follow-up to the episode "Leo Disher - Heroism in Oran
43-09-19 (046) Russell Annabelle - Kiska Mission should be 43-09-19 (046) Russell Annabel - Kiska Mission
Stand By for Crime, Version 1
- The dates in the certified series bundle are all 1953, but the dates in Otter are all 1952.
Theater Royal, Version 1
- 540130 18 Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde.mp3 - The word Jekyll is misspelled
- 540818 46 The Sir de Maletroit's Door -Repeat.mp3 - The word Sire is misspelled.
- From episode 45 through episode 48, the host explains that the show is part of an important series command performance. For instance episode 45 says, "Tonight's play is the third in the important series of command performances." Episodes 43 and 44 do not have the message and in fact sound identical to episodes 1 and 2, leading to the conclusion that 43 and 44 are possibly misdated copies of 1 and 2. The endings of 43 and 44 are edited which could indicate that they were rebroadcasts, but it is not clear why the announcement is not present at the beginning. Anyway, both should have been labeled as repeats as episodes 45 through 48 were.
Victor Borge Collection, Version 2
- The file "Victor Borge Jewel Case inside.jpg" has a misspelling: "Colection" should have two "L"s.
- How do we determine who designed it? There's no credit in the documentation for the collection. Perhaps someone can recognize the work of the artist. (Arnie Gross, 13-Jul-2008)
X Minus One, Version 1
- 550422 (Episode 0)And The Moon Be Still As Bright was (Episode 19) 550922.
- 560118 ep34 Perigi's Wonderful Dolls was 550605. 1955 credits begin with "Janet Alexander as Cindy". The 1955 credits with "This concludes the present series." 1956 credits begin with "Denise Alexander, Joan Alexander".
- 560125 ep35 The Parade was 550501 The Parade
- 561114 ep75 Martian Death March was 550908 ep 17
- 561128 ep77 The Castaways was 550915. The 1955 version announces brought to you by Street and Smith.
- 570905 ep110 Saucer of Loneliness was 570109 ep83 Saucer of Loneliness
- 570912 ep 111 The Old Die Rich was 56-07-17 ep60
- MP3 Tag Issues: "Track" is sometimes filled in (not very often).
- MP3 Tag Issues: "Genre" is filled in about half the time. Most of the "Genre" tags are "Old Time Radio", but some are "Other" or "OTR". One (Episode 121) is "Big Band".
Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, Version 1
- Numerous shows are 128 kbps re-encodes of damaged 32 kbps files containing blips and skips. Numerous fixed files are available where the blips and skips have been removed.
ytjd_510425_096r_The_Virginia_Towne_Matter_(r ) rehearsal
Part 1 of The Chesapeake Fraud Matter
Part 2 of The Chesapeake Fraud Matter
Part 3 of The Chesapeake Fraud Matter
Part 4 of The Chesapeake Fraud Matter
Part 5 of The Chesapeake Fraud Matter
ytjd_540525_218_The_Punctilious_Firebug_Matter - No ads
- YTJD 53-05-05 163 The Blackmail Matter was a rehearsal, but not labeled as such.mp3 An AFRS non-rehearsal version is available and not in the set.
- YTJD 56-06-18 418 The Pearling Matter Episodes 1-5.mp3 will not play in Windows Media Player
- YTJD 500502 048r The Abel Tackett Matter (r ) s/b YTJD 500502 048r The Able Tackitt Matter
- YTJD 510120 081 The David Rocky Matter.mp3 s/b *YTJD 510120 081 The David Rockey Matter.mp3
- File "YTJD 601002 708 The Stope of Death Matter.mp3" has an MP3 title tag of "The Stroke of Death Matter", rather than "The Stope of Death Matter". (archive.org displays uses the MP3 title tags, rather than the file names.)
ytjd 561030 The Silent Queen Matter Episode 2 is actually Episode 4 and yjtd 561101 The Silent Queen Matter is actually Episode 2. File names, dates, and episode numbers need to be corrected.
Yours Truly Johnny Dollar, Version 2
ytjd 561030 The Silent Queen Matter Episode 2 is actually Episode 4 and yjtd 561101 The Silent Queen Matter is actually Episode 2. File names, dates, and episode numbers need to be corrected.